- Both Vi-PS (polysaccharide) and Vi-PS conjugate vaccines are available.
- Vi-PS (polysaccharide) vaccines: 2 years
- Vi-PS (Typbar-TCV® )conjugate vaccine: 6 months;
- Vi-PS (polysaccharide) vaccines: Single dose at 2 years; revaccination every 3 years; (No evidence of
hyporesponsiveness on repeated revaccination so far).
- Vi-PS conjugate (Typbar-TCV®): Single dose at 9–12 months and a booster during second year of life.
- Greater experience and more robust data with Vi-PS polysaccharide vaccines; whereas there is limited experience
with Vi-PS conjugate vaccines.
- Recommended throughout the adolescent period, i.e. till 18 years.