- Minimum age: 6 months fortrivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) Recommended only for the vaccination of persons with certain high-risk conditions.
- First time vaccination: 6 months to below 9 years: Two doses 1 month apart; 9 years and above: Single dose
- Annual revaccination with single dose.
- Dosage (TIV) : Aged 6–35 months 0.25 ml; 3 years and above: 0.5 ml For children Aged 6 months through 8 years:
administer 2 doses (separated by at least 4 weeks) to children who are receiving influenza vaccine for the first time.
- All the currently available TIVs in the country contain the ‘Swine flu’ or ‘A (H1N1)’ antigen; no need to vaccinate separately.
Best time to vaccinate:
- As soon as the new vaccine is released and available in the market
- Just before the onset of rainy season.