Hepatitis A vaccine
- Minimum age: 12 months
- Start the 2-dose hepatitis A vaccine series for children aged 12 through 23 months; separate the 2 doses by 6 to 18 months.
- Children who have received 1 dose of hepatitis A vaccine before age 24 months, should receive a second dose 6 to
18 months after the first dose.
- Two doses of both killed and live hepatitis A vaccines as of now.
- Administer 2 doses at least 6 months apart to unvaccinated persons.
- For catch-up vaccination, prevaccination screening for hepatitis A antibody is recommended in children older than
10 years as at this age the estimated seropositive rates exceed 50%.
- Combination of hepatitis B and hepatitis A may be used in 0, 1, 6 schedule.
- This vaccine is available with us at Bhole Children Clinic and Vaccination center, Ravet, Pimpri Chinchwad
- Contact Us For more details and queries.